ABOUT H.Y. ENGINEERING LTD:
For over 40 years, H.Y. Engineering has worked on the development process of countless subdivisions, multi-family projects and commercial and industrial developments. We are proud of our work, our team, and our clients. We know that building a community may begin on the ground, but it does not end there.
We believe strongly in supporting our clients and supporting the community to grow, be healthy and flourish. For more information about H.Y. Engineering, please visit our website https://hyengineering.com/
We have a strong commitment to our employees and strive to provide an environment that fosters personal and professional development and long-term employment. We are looking for an Information Technology Manager who will be comfortable as our standalone IT Leader responsible for organization-wide systems and information. You will be joining our team at our Surrey location on a full-time permanent basis. Our preferred candidate will have a degree or diploma in Information Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
What you will do:
- Running regular checks on network and data security.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- Help to design, implement, and maintain the organization’s cyber-security plan.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization.
- Designing training programs and workshops for employees.
- Conducting regular system audits.
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports.
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages.
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget.
What you will bring:
- A degree or diploma in Information Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in an IT lead role.
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to manage crisis with a cool attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of normal working hours to support employees.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in budgeting, scheduling, and implementation of projects.
- Experience or aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Presentation skills.
Benefits of EMPLOYMENT at H.Y. Engineering:
- Working for a recognized leader as the Civil Consultant of choice.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid vacation.
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution.
- Ability to participate in our comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
- Financial support for continuing education.
- Paid time off for sick days.
- Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle.
At H.Y. Engineering we are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee can reach their potential.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward their resumes and a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the confidential nature of this position a background check will be conducted.
H.Y. Engineering would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.