ABOUT H.Y. ENGINEERING LTD:
For over 40 years, H.Y. Engineering has worked on the development process of countless subdivisions, multi-family projects and commercial and industrial developments. We are proud of our work, our team, and our clients. We know that building a community may begin on the ground, but it does not end there.
We believe strongly in supporting our clients and supporting the community to grow, be healthy and flourish.
We have a strong commitment to our employees and strive to provide an environment that fosters personal and professional development and long-term employment. We are looking for a Junior Civil Engineer/Design Technologist to join our team at our Surrey location on a full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have a degree or diploma in civil engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution and be registered as a P.Eng., EIT or A.Sc.T. in good standing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide project management and technical expertise, modeling, analysis, and design services on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Manage Engineering projects including scope, schedule, and budget as well as managing client relationships.
- Participate in studies, assessments, modeling, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimates, specifications, contract documents, tendering and contract administration.
- prepare memos, reports, drawings, and other engineering documents.
- Prepare proposals and reports.
- Liaise with clients, consultants, regulatory agencies and utility companies and contractors.
- Plan projects to develop accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, schedules, and deliverables to execute high quality projects on time and on budget.
- Work closely with engineers, designers, inspectors, and drafting and support staff.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A degree or diploma in civil engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Registered as a P.Eng., EIT or A.Sc.T. in good standing.
- Minimum 1-year experience in the design and management of land development and municipal infrastructure projects.
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively represent the company to clients and municipal staff.
- Strong knowledge of local municipal approval processes and design standards.
- Experience in budgeting, scheduling, and implementation of projects.
- Experience or aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets.
- Proven capabilities in writing reports, emails, and other technical documents.
- Familiar with local design and construction standards and requirements for permits and approvals.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels.
- Valid Driver’s License.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT AT H.Y. ENGINEERING:
- Working for a recognized leader as the Civil Consultant of choice.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid vacation.
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution.
- Ability to participate in our comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
- Financial support for continuing education.
- Paid time off for sick days.
- Varied opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle.
- EIT training program and mentorship.
At H.Y. Engineering we are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee can reach their potential.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward their resumes and a covering letter via email to the attention of:
Attn: Rose Sentell – Human Resources Manager
H.Y. Engineering would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.