ABOUT H.Y. ENGINEERING LTD:
For over 40 years, H.Y. Engineering has worked on the development process of countless subdivisions, multi-family projects and commercial and industrial developments. We are proud of our work, our team, and our clients. We know that building a community may begin on the ground, but it does not end there. We believe strongly in supporting our clients and supporting the community to grow, be healthy and flourish.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Conduct field inspection of civil servicing construction including roadworks, storm, and sanitary sewers, watermains, lot grading, storm water management systems and erosion and sediment control systems
- Review of contractor supplied test reports including video inspections, compaction test, etc.
- Review and processing of contract progress draws, letter of credit reduction submissions, on-site construction certifications
- Represent the company to clients and municipal staff in a professional manner.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Graduate of a recognized Civil Engineering Technology program.
- 2-5 years of experience in the inspection of civil/municipal construction, preferably in a land development environment.
- Strong computer skills including a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Completion of the ESCA BC Certification course would be an asset.
- Excellent attitude.
- Strong work ethic, reliable and trustworthy.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent English communications skills – verbal and written.
- Experience with field inspection of civil servicing construction including roadworks, storm, and sanitary sewers, watermains, lot grading, storm water management systems and erosion and sediment control systems.
- Ability to review contractor supplied test reports including video inspections, compaction test, etc.
- Ability to review and process contract progress draws, letter of credit reduction submissions, and on-site construction certifications.
- Knowledge of municipal inspection processes and construction standards.
- Possess a valid class 5 B.C. drivers’ licence.
- Provide a clean driving abstract.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT AT H.Y. ENGINEERING:
- Working for a recognized leader as the Civil Consultant of choice.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid Vacation.
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution.
- Ability to participate in our comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
- Financial support for continuing education.
- Paid time off for sick days.
- Varied opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle.
At H.Y. Engineering we are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee can reach their potential.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward their resumes and a covering letter via email to the attention of:
Attn: Rose Sentell – Human Resources Manager
H.Y. Engineering would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.