ABOUT H.Y. ENGINEERING LTD.
H.Y. Engineering Ltd. (www.hyengineering.com), is an established civil engineering firm providing engineering, survey, planning, construction, and management services to the land development and public sectors for forty years. At H.Y. Engineering Ltd., our employees enjoy the opportunities for career development and advancement, great team culture, the opportunity to work in Partnership with experienced professionals, and an exceptional compensation package.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT AT H.Y. ENGINEERING LTD.
- Complete benefits package
- Varied project opportunities
- Fun working environment and corporate culture
- Opportunity for career development and growth opportunities
- Local company who contributes to community enterprises
We are searching for a civil engineer with experience in municipal infrastructure to contribute to our design team as a quality control supervisor. This position will include reviewing civil engineering drawings and applying our quality control standards to ensure compliance is met. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the preparation of civil servicing designs including the design of roadworks, storm and sanitary sewers, water mains, lot grading, storm water management systems and erosion and sediment control systems.
- Ensure efficiency of our quality assurance and control procedures for all civil designs.
- Review civil engineering design drawings for compliance based on our quality control system.
- Maintain and update, as necessary, the quality control system.
- Teaching, implementing and enforcing the quality control system in the engineering department.
- Collaborate with the Principal in Charge to ensure effective execution of the quality control system.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree in civil engineering from an accredited post secondary institution.
- Registered as a P.Eng. in good standing with EGBC.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the design and management of land development and municipal infrastructure projects.
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of local municipal approval processes and design standards.
- Experience or aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets.
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents.
- Familiar with local design and construction standards and requirements for permits and approvals.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels.
- Valid Driver’s License.
This is a full time, permanent position. Growth potential for advancement in the future exists within this position. H.Y. Engineering Ltd. offers a competitive salary, benefits package, bonus potential, and assisted educational funding with excellent working conditions.