H.Y. Engineering Ltd. (www.hyengineering.com), is an established civil engineering firm providing engineering, survey, planning, construction, and management services to the land development and public sectors. As the company is in growth mode, we have an immediate requirement for an experienced Junior Civil Engineer or Design Technologist to join our team in Surrey.
This position will include project management of land development projects including preparation of cost estimates, preparation of municipal submission documents, and coordination of other design team members and project sub-consultants. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the preparation of civil servicing designs including the design of roadworks, storm and sanitary sewers, water mains, lot grading, storm water management systems and erosion and sediment control systems.
- Providing project engineering and technical expertise, modeling, analysis and design services on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Managing of Engineering projects including scope, schedule, and budget as well as managing client relationships.
- Participating in studies, assessments, modeling, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimates, specifications, contract documents, tendering and contract administration.
- Providing review and professional authentication of memos, reports, drawings and other engineering documents.
- Preparing proposals and reports.
- Liaising with clients, consultants, regulatory agencies and utility companies and contractors.
- Planning projects, developing accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, schedules and deliverables to execute high quality projects on time and on budget.
- Working closely with engineers, designers, drafting and support staff.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A degree or diploma in civil engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Registered as a P.Eng., EIT or A.Sc.T. in good standing with EGBC.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in the design and management of land development and municipal infrastructure projects.
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively represent the company to clients and municipal staff.
- Strong knowledge of local municipal approval processes and design standards.
- Experience in budgeting, scheduling and implementation of projects.
- Experience or aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets.
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents.
- Familiar with local design and construction standards and requirements for permits and approvals
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Project and Excel).
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels.
- Valid Driver’s License.
This is a full time, permanent position. Growth potential for advancement in the future exists within this position. H.Y. Engineering Ltd. offers a competitive salary, benefits package, bonus potential, and assisted educational funding with excellent working conditions.