H.Y. Engineering Ltd. (www.hyengineering.com), is an established civil engineering firm providing engineering, survey, planning, construction, and management services to the land development and public sectors. As the company is in growth mode, we have an immediate requirement for an experienced Civil Project Manager to join our team in Surrey.
H.Y. Engineering Ltd. has been providing engineering services since 1980. Our current staff of 50 includes Professional Engineers, Planners, Design Technologists and BC Land Surveyors. Our firm is dedicated to providing exceptional service to our clients, with high levels of professionalism, innovation, and creativity. We have a strong commitment to our employees and strive to provide an environment that fosters personal development and long-term employment.
The position will include:
- construction administration including liaison with contractors and city inspection officials
- process construction contract draws, letter of credit reductions, and completion certificates
- provide assistance related to contract disputes, design discrepancies, etc.
- review of shop drawings
- conduct periodic civil site inspections to verify progress of construction
- attend project related meetings
- preparation of tender documents and contracts
- engineering design tasks as required
- liaison with outside agencies such as Metro Vancouver, BC Hydro, etc.
- Working closely with engineers and designers
Candidates should be:
- registered as an A.Sc.T., EIT or P.Eng, with an educational background in civil engineering
- have 3-5 years of experience in the management of local land development and municipal infrastructure projects
- self-motivated and be able to work independently
- possess strong organization skills
- strong verbal and written skills and an ability to work well as a team player
- strong computer skills including a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- familiar with local municipal inspection processes and construction standards
- experienced with local government levels and agencies
- completion of the ESCA BC Certification course would be an asset
This position is a full time, permanent opportunity. H.Y. Engineering Ltd. offers competitive salaries and benefit packages with excellent working conditions. Assisted educational funding, as well as bonus potential also exists.