H.Y. Engineering Ltd. is an established civil engineering firm providing Engineering, Survey and Management Services to the land development sector. With our continuing growth, we require a Civil Inspection Technologist.
H.Y. Engineering Ltd. has been providing engineering services since 1981. Our current staff of 45 includes Professional Engineers, Planners, Design Technologists and BC Land Surveyors. Our firm is dedicated to providing exceptional service to our clients with high levels of professionalism, innovation, and creativity. We have a strong commitment to our employees and strive to provide an environment that fosters personal development and long term employment.
The position will include:
- the field inspection of civil servicing construction including roadworks, storm and sanitary sewers, watermains, lot grading, storm water management systems and erosion and sediment control systems
- review of contractor supplied test reports including video inspections, compaction test, etc
- the position will also include the contract management of civil construction projects including review and processing of contract progress draws, letter of credit reduction submissions, on-site construction certifications
Candidates should be:
- a graduate of a recognized Civil Engineering Technology program
- have 2-5 years of experience in the inspection of civil/municipal construction, preferably in a land development environment
- self-motivated and be able to work independently
- possess strong organization skills
- strong verbal and written skills
- strong computer skills including a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- able to effectively represent the company to clients and municipal staff
- familiar with municipal inspection processes and construction standards
- a class 5 drivers licence with a clean driving abstract
- completion of the ESCA BC Certification course would be an asset
In house training/mentoring will be provided and a flexible starting date is available. This position is a full time, permanent opportunity. This position has the potential to develop into a more senior role with more advanced inspection responsibilities. H.Y. Engineering Ltd. offers competitive salaries and benefit packages with excellent working conditions. Assisted educational funding, as well as bonus potential also exists.