H.Y. Engineering Ltd. has an immediate opening for a full time Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) Inspector.
This position will involve the inspection of ESC installations at civil construction sites throughout the Lower Mainland and the design of ESC facilities for civil construction sites. The successful candidate should be either a graduate in Environmental Protection Technology, Fish, Wildlife and Recreation, Environmental Engineering Technology or have suitable, directly applicable work and/or educational experience which will provide a strong base to expand upon. Mentoring and additional training will be provided. Preference will be given to candidates who are either Registered Biology Technologists or are eligible for membership with the College of Applied Biology.
The successful candidate should have:
- an understanding of civil construction processes
- be comfortable on construction sites
- an ability to read civil construction drawings
- strong verbal and written skills
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- strong computer skills including a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- a class 5 drivers licence with a clean driving abstract
- an understanding of proper sampling methods for collecting lab samples for TSS and pH analysis
- knowledge of federal, municipal and local government ESC regulations
- completion of the ESCA BC certification course would be an asset
This position has the potential to develop into a more senior role including a more advanced inspection role. This position will require daytime some Saturday and Sunday work during periods of high rainfall events.
H.Y. Engineering Ltd. is a private consulting firm that provides land development, planning, and civil engineering services in the Lower Mainland and throughout British Columbia. In over 35 years of providing our services in numerous municipalities, our office in Surrey has grown to a team of 45 individuals that includes Planners, Professional Engineers, BC Land Surveyors, Design Technologists, CAD Drafters, and Construction Inspectors. Our firm is dedicated to providing exceptional service to our clients, with high levels of professionalism, innovation, and creativity.
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward their resumes and a covering letter via email.