H.Y. Engineering Ltd. is an established civil engineering firm providing engineering, survey, planning and management services to the land development sector as well as municipal clients. With our continuing growth, we have an opening for a Civil Drafter.
Primary position responsibilities will include:
- Interfacing with outside sources to assist in acquiring existing servicing record drawings from municipal sources and private utility companies
- Preparation of base plans utilizing digital legal survey, digital topographic plans and architectural site plans
- The preparation of civil design drawings including road works, storm and sanitary sewer designs, water mains, lot grading, storm water management plans, etc
Secondary position responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of record drawings following construction completion
- Preparation of design sketches, subdivision layout sketches
- Preparation of vehicle swept path diagrams
- have completed CAD training from a recognized technical school
- have strong experience with Civil 3D
- at least 2 years experience drafting in the land development or municipal field
- be self-motivated and able to work independently
- possess strong communication and organizational skills
- be familiar with municipal drafting and design standards
This is a full time, permanent position offering significant growth with a tremendous potential for advancement. H.Y. Engineering Ltd. offers competitive salaries, benefit packages, and assisted educational funding with excellent working conditions.
H.Y. Engineering has been providing engineering services since 1981. Our current staff of 43 includes engineers, planners, technologists, inspectors and surveyors. Our firm has a reputation of providing high quality, efficient design services. We have a strong commitment to our employees and strive to provide an environment that fosters personal development and long term employment.
Please forward your resume in confidence to John Vairo at firstname.lastname@example.org