We are always seeking talented and strong minded individuals to join our team. H.Y. Engineering Ltd. employs civil engineers and technologists, CAD drafters and designers, planners, civil inspectors, and surveyors. If you are interested in a career with H.Y. Engineering Ltd., please forward you resume in confidence to John Vairo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with our team.
H.Y. Engineering Ltd. is an established civil engineering firm providing engineering, survey, planning, construction, and management services to the land development and public sectors. As the company is in growth mode, we have an immediate requirement for an experienced CAD Drafter to join our team in Surrey.
position responsibilities will include:
- Interfacing with outside sources to
assist in acquiring existing servicing record drawings from municipal sources
and private utility companies
- Preparation of base plans utilizing
digital legal survey, digital topographic plans and architectural site plans
- The preparation of civil design
drawings including road works, storm and sanitary sewer designs, water mains,
lot grading plans, storm water management plans, erosion and sediment control
position responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of record drawings
following construction completion
- Preparation of design sketches,
subdivision layout sketches
- Preparation of vehicle swept path
- have completed CAD and Civil 3D training
from a recognized technical school
- have a strong background with Civil 3D
preparing surfaces, profiles, pipe networks, etc.
- at least 3 years experience drafting in
the land development or municipal field
- be self-motivated and able to work
- possess strong communication and organizational
- be familiar with local municipal
drafting and design standards
- advanced knowledge of how Civil 3D
operates, including setting up templates and managing the software would be an
This is a full time, permanent position. Growth
potential for advancement in the future exists within this position. H.Y.
Engineering Ltd. offers a competitive salary, benefits package, bonus
potential, and assisted educational funding with excellent working conditions.
H.Y. Engineering Ltd. (www.hyengineering.com), is an established civil engineering firm providing engineering, survey, planning, construction, and management services to the land development and public sectors. As the company is in growth mode, we have an immediate requirement for an experienced Intermediate/Senior Civil Project Engineer to join our team in Surrey.
This position will
include project management of land development projects including preparation
of cost estimates, preparation of municipal submission documents, and
coordination of other design team members and project sub-consultants. The
ideal candidate will be familiar with the preparation of civil servicing
designs including the design of roadworks, storm and sanitary sewers, water
mains, lot grading, storm water management systems and erosion and sediment
- Providing project engineering and technical expertise, modeling, analysis and design services on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Managing of Engineering projects including scope, schedule, and budget as well as managing client relationships.
- Participating in studies, assessments, modeling, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimates, specifications, contract documents, tendering and contract administration.
- Providing review and professional authentication of memos, reports, drawings and other engineering documents.
- Preparing proposals and reports.
- Liaising with clients, consultants, regulatory agencies and utility companies and contractors.
- Leading and participating in Business Development initiatives.
- Planning projects, developing accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, schedules and deliverables to execute high quality projects on time and on budget.
- Working closely with engineers, designers, drafting and support staff.
- Mentoring and coaching project teams including technical and field staff.
- Supervision of junior engineers, technologists and designers.
- A degree in civil engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered as a P.Eng. in good standing with EGBC.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the design and management of land development and municipal infrastructure projects.
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively represent the company to clients and municipal staff.
- Strong knowledge of local municipal approval processes and design standards.
- Experience in budgeting, scheduling and implementation of projects.
- Experience or aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets.
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents.
- Familiar with local design and construction standards and requirements for permits and approvals.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Project and Excel).
Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional time management and problem solving skills.
Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels.
Valid Driver’s License.
This is a full time,
permanent position. Growth potential for advancement in the future exists
within this position. H.Y. Engineering Ltd. offers a competitive salary, benefits
package, bonus potential, and assisted educational funding with excellent